Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Golden Leaves, Stretchy Family, Kids Waltz & Tango, Small Family & Love

 









Golden Leaves

Today, Aly and I dropped Porter off at school and I realized that he didn't have his backpack with him, so she and I went home, picked it up, and dropped it off for him. Then Alyssa and I went to the little playground across the street from the school. The playground was covered in fallen golden leaves. And it was a beautiful sunny morning. I took some pictures of the trees while she played in the toys. Then I sat on the bench and watched her. I was looking at my phone when she picked up a bunch of leaves, sneaked behind me and threw them on the back of my head! I yelled Ahhh! "A tree dropped some leaves on me!" She immediately said "no! It was just me! I threw the leaves on me!" She usually doesn't want me to be deceived in situations like these. So sweet.  Then she asked me to slide down the parellel slides. They are racing slides! (my kids are all about racing!) At that playground, there is a tall, medium and small slide, right next to each other, so we raced! First time she won, and she was very pleased. The second time, she won and I was happy for her, but she said, "It's okay, Mama, next time I will let you win." I had no idea she knew how to say something like that! I said  "Okay, thank you!" I was a little unsure as to whether or not she would really let me win, because I know how much she enjoys winning. So we went back up to the top of those blue and yellow slides and went down. Sure enough, she slowed down and she let me win! I did a little celebration and she was okay with it. It was fun. 10-18-23


Stretchy Family

Porter and I were having a conversation about things that we were going to do with our cousins and the dates that we were going to do them. I called them our "extended family." Then we talked something else. Then Porter was referring back to the extended family but couldn't remember the name for them, so he called them "stretchy family." I like that better. I think we should change it in the dictionary. 


Kids Waltz and Tango

I was getting ready in my bathroom and the kids were playing, goofing around, running around the house! They found themselves in my bedroom. They got my attention and Porter said "Hey Mama, will you teach us how to dance? Maybe the Waltz?" I was pretty blown away, to say the least. And excited! When I looked at them, they were already facing each other, with their arms on each other, moving around. So I exclaimed "Okay!" Stopped everything I was doing, and placed their hands in the correct positions- Porter's hand on her waiste and Aly's hand on his shoulder. And I showed them how a couple would waltz. I played beautiful waltz music (and we listened to waltz music on the way to their dad's place in the car. We listen to all kinds of different kinds of music on our car rides). They really enjoyed dancing the Waltz and it was all kinds of fun for their mama to watch them. And then Porter exclaimed, "What about the Tango!" But at that point it was time for us to leave for their dad's place. So we listened to Tango music on the way to their dad's place. They really liked the music! I will have to teach them all of the many Tango dance moves I know! (about 1 or 2, haha!)


Small Family & Love

One of the benefits of having a small family is that we are so close. I can't imagine having only one child. I can only imagine having both of my children. And I can only imagine my children being Porter and Alyssa. They are so good for each other. And since Lyssa has gotten older, she and Porter have gotten so much closer and have started playing so well together, having so much fun together, becoming each other's best friends. Almost everyday, Lyssa tells me that Porter tells me that Porter is her best friend (she says that a lot of people are her best friend, haha, but, consistently she says that her very best friends are me and Porter. Awww). Frequently, while I'm in one room, I'll hear them in another room playing, and Porter will say "I love you, Lyssy," and she will respond, "I love you Bubba." And then at other times, just out of the blue, I will turn around and they will be standing there, hugging. I'm not saying they don't argue. But I feel I've done well teaching them love. I believe that's so important. Probably one of the most important things we will learn in this lifetime. 10-18-23




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentleman Porter

Primary Art Work   "What do you think of when you see the temple?" -"I feel the love of Jesus." "What do you think ...